Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Add users profile fields to the activity page

• Kieran
    Participant

@cozzie

Hi there, I wonder if anyone knows how I can edit each members page to show their profile as well as theiir activity stream? I did this using the old theme structure but for the life of me can’t figure how to do it now.

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Are you using the default theme?

The default theme shows the profile on a separate tab when you visit the member’s page. If you want to move the view profile content onto the activity tab you can look at copying the content from members/single/profile.php into members/single/activity.php (do this in a child theme of course).

If you want something more sophisticated, take a look at the custom loop examples under Support …. Docs on this site

Kieran
    Participant

@cozzie

Brilliant, thanks a lot Roger!

modemlooper

@modemlooper

You could add a file called front.php – members/single/front.php and then create a new front page from the existing code.

I had the same problem, but as Roger Coathup explained that the profile view was supposed to show in a separate tab I realized something was wrong with our site. We are using the default theme, and I can’t seem to figure out what we might have been doing wrong to prevent the profile tab from showing up. I have included a link to a screenshot of the problem:
    http://lumosnorge.no/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/screenshot-buddypress.png

Hope someone will be able to help me, as I would vert much like to have the profiles show up on our site.

Thank you in advance.

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@lumosnorge

You have a section of code missing from your theme.

You should have another layer of primary navigation (item-nav). You are only seeing the sub navigation for the activity tab.

Oh, that explains the trouble. Any idea where I can get that code? I’m just a beginner at this and don’t know much about coding yet, but I’m eager to learn.

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

@lumosnorge

Hej Christine – the code is in the default theme, in the file: bp-default/members/single/home.php

Did you create a child theme, or edit your changes directly over the default theme?

Note: you shouldn’t edit the default theme directly – as you will run into problems when you upgrade BuddyPress.

Have a search in Docs on here for details of creating a child theme.

Anyway, the section of code (from the default theme) that creates the nav bar is:
    `

`

It goes between the item-header and item-body blocks.

You need Harry and Hermione helping you write the code!

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

p.s. your profile pages exist, so it’s just the menu / nav bar that’s missing: e.g. http://lumosnorge.no/members/kristin/profile

Once you’ve fixed that problem – your site looks good – you should add your site to the gallery group on here

stan
    Participant

@stanprice99

I am having the same problem as kristine and I also use the same exact theme. I will post a screenshot. Any ideas on how to add a view profile option? I have been searching around for a couple days
    http://www.gamerebel.net/brit/problem.png

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Add users profile fields to the activity page’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar