Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bp_get_member_profile_data, xprofile_get_field_data — both have stopped working

• Hi there,
    Somewhere in moving from one server to another, a bit of template code I’ve written has stopped working. In short, it seems like the bp_get_member_profile_data/bp_member_profile_data functions have stopped working — and thus I’m unable to make the members-loop.php display my custom fields. See: http://pastebin.com/bUUVWBPx starting at line 64.

To make this even weirder, the profile-loop displays the fields fine (I’m guessing because they’re done via a while loop, maybe?).

This is driving me crazy and is the last thing I need to do before being finished this project. Anyone have a clue what might be causing this? Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Edit: I’m using WP 3.02 and BP1.2.6

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Couple of thoughts that may help:

Have your profile fields got different IDs on the new server?
    What version of BP were you on on the original server?

Hi Roger! Thanks for the response.

I’m running the same version of WP and BP on both servers; field IDs are the same. I cannot replicate the issue on the testing server; I’m presently thinking it might be a PHP version issue.

I thought at one point it might be related to https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2171, but moving the custom profile field code to after the functions mentioned doesn’t do anything either…

Something else I forgot to mention — the “add friend” button now appears twice. Also, I don’t think it’s an issue with my theme — I tried switching to the BP default theme and adding a profile field during the members-loop and had the same issue.

Hi all,

I got in contact with my client and upgraded their version of PHP to PHP5. Everything works now! Glorious day, glorious day!

Think this is a candidate for a trac ticket?

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Double add friend button is a known problem with 1.2.6 upgrade. Search on here for solution

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘bp_get_member_profile_data, xprofile_get_field_data — both have stopped working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar