Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress in a Subdomain Creating blogs in Subfolders

• Ben
    Participant

@communicatorsinaction

Howdy,

I’m relatively new to the world of BuddyPress and have a question that is mostly concerning site plumbing.

I have installed BuddyPress on a subdomain of my main site (community.mysite.com) and am attempting to make it so that when a user creates a new blog it is stored in a subfolder (community.mysite.com/userblog). After doing a little research I installed and activated a multi-network plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/networks-for-wordpress/). I then created a new network (“Community Blogs” with the domain, “community.mysite.com”) where the blogs would be stored.

I have seen this done elsewhere, so I know it is possible, I just need a bit of help to get started. Right now when you visit “community.mysite.com/blogs” you see all of the sites on the entire WordPress Install (including test sites on the main network, etc.).

Is there a way for BuddyPress to only list the sites created in the other network? But more importantly, how to I get BuddyPress to create new blogs on a separate network?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Ben

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress in a Subdomain Creating blogs in Subfolders’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar