Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can use WordPress build a micro-blog system?

• Hi, I use WP3.03 and BP1.2.6 build a community site. I also want to add a own micro-blog system, like tweet, user can send short message to other users. the message can display in a ‘timeline’, the fuction like ‘statusnet’. Can any one recommend a plungin like this? Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

This is already built in? If I type in @youlichika you will see it in your activity stream here. Just go look at your profile.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Yup, andrea_r is spot-on!

Go to testbp.org to see how a default BuddyPress install looks like.

@Andrea_r, thanks, but I think it is also a little deffirent, BP must built a group first, and everyone has his own ‘timeline’ in twitter.
    @r-a-y, I clicked the testbp.org, but the google tells me the link is bronken. Then I click the site Cached, and I see the page `BuddyPress Test Drive`, how to setup if there has a tutorial? is there everyone get one page like this? or still relay on creating a group?
    Thanks to all.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Testbp.org is probably going through some maintenance right now.

Check back in a few hours or so.

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

“BP must built a group first, “

No, that is incorrect.

“and everyone has his own ‘timeline’ in twitter.”

look at your activity stream. Go to your profile page.

@Andrea_r, can `activity stream` add a `Favorite` counter? that the post owner can see how many peaple mark a Favorite in his post article?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can use WordPress build a micro-blog system?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar