Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

chmod 755 errror on activating any caching plugin

• when i try to install any caching plugin it gives me error on activation showing
    Caching can’t be activated. Please chmod 755 wp-content folder
    Settings can’t be saved. Please chmod 755 file config.ini

so i know that now i need to change the file permission , so which file permission i ned to change ?
    and also correct me if i m wrong …i need to right click on that file in cpanel then i have to click on permission and then i need to check the read & write boxes right ?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You need to be able to change the file permissions that it’s telling you? config.ini

On a linux box at the cli you would do something like:
    $ chmod 755 config.ini
    if in the directory containing the file otherwise describing the full path to file /var/www/…

With cpanel ? iirc you can use ‘file manager’ navigate to the file and you should have options somewhere to change file permissions, try it and see.

an you upload images to your site, upload/change avatars? as you may need to relax permissions on wp-content as well but work back from the actual file before setting to many directories with relaxed permissions.

The WP codex has a useful page on WP permissions which you ought to read as it helps explain ideal file and folder permissions for a standard WP install.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘chmod 755 errror on activating any caching plugin’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar