Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Creating a second page in registration

• Josef
    Participant

@joey545

I’ve been messing around trying to get a custom second page working in the registration and have run into some issues. Basically I used the bp_complete_signup hook to change the registration step ( $bp->signup->step = ‘example-step’;) and then added an if statement to the register.php file to detect the step and display a second set of xprofile fields (by changing the xprofile group #) – things work fine and dandy till here, problem is getting submit to work a second time and register the fields in the db and set the step to the final ‘completed-confirmation’.

This should be pretty standard for someone wanting to add additional profile info to registration that isn’t in the “base” profile group.

Right now it refuses to complete the second step. ( I think because the step is not incremented properly)

Also Is it a problem to edit core files directly – sometimes the hooks won’t cut it. How will such edit work with updates?

Thanks for any and all help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Josef
    Participant

@joey545

bump :) and some clarification – how can i make a second registration step and ask for more info conditional on the account type provided in the first reg step?

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

I took a different approach to handling a second step. I just redirect the user after the initial registration:

function bp_redirect($user)
    {
    $redirect_url = ‘http://redirect-page.com ” ;

//redirect to URL
    bp_core_redirect($redirect_url);
    }

}
    /*Add an action to redirect user after registration*/
    add_action(“bp_core_signup_user”,”bp_redirect”,100,1);

Josef
    Participant

@joey545

@techguuy Thanks for the reply! I’ll try it out. Did you include extra profile details on the second page? Did you redirect back to the confirmation step after completing the second step?

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

I don’t do extra profile fields. I use that to redirect to a payment page so they can pay to join. After they pay, I redirect them to a Thank You page with their payment details. This is just a page with a special page template applied to it. I also have the activation disabled and they are just automatically activated and logged into the site. I can get away with this since they have to pay.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a second page in registration’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar