Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Filtering what users can see – I am sooo stuck

• vee_bee
    Participant

@vee_bee

Am trying to achieve what seems like the impossible.

I have flagged each user via a user_meta key.
    I have flagged each group via a group_meta key.

The hardest thing I am finding is how – without changing any core files directly – to only let users see the user with the equivalent user_meta key, and how to let users only see groups with the same group_meta key.
    If you have an incling where I can hook (after I have spent hours already looking), I would be super appreciative, and will post my final code here, as I know others could make use of it.

Thanks

Vee-bee

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Where do you want to restrict viewing? Eg in the members directory, the groups directory, the activity stream, everywhere?

vee_bee
    Participant

@vee_bee

Everywhere – which is why it is proving a headache.

I am using a modified friends-only-activity-stream plugin, to also filter out group things – based on a user-meta-key setting.

The members and groups dir are my current problem. as I dont want to turn off friending, just allow people in the same ‘tribe’ see each other and friend each other.

V

vee_bee
    Participant

@vee_bee

Is there any ideas, the best place to filter this??
    I have tried to ammend the bp-member-filter plugin, which in basic theory is what I need, but I am missing something crucial.

I get the sense, this is much more difficult than just a quick thing

V

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Filtering what users can see – I am sooo stuck’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar