Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is anyone using Buddypress-Ajax-Chat?

• gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

I see several threads asking about chat plugins, but I don’t see this one talked about much.

Is anyone using this in a live environment that I could check out?

…dreaming of a fb-chat…:)

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

What about http://ajaxim.com/

Seems like it would be a killer BP plugin

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Wow! Didn’t know AJAX IM changed their interface to resemble Facebook’s chat!

Is the AJAX IM demo working for any of you though?

[EDIT]

Working in Chrome, Safari and surprisingly IE8, but not Firefox or Opera.

Getting some JS issues for the latter.

Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

It’s working fine for me on Firefox.. looks awesome!

Peter Anselmo
    Participant

@peteranselmo

Wow! That is sweet. It’s working fine for me in firefox as well. This would totally be a awesome plugin.

muratk

@muratk

this is not a plugin? this is a script of it’s own.

Dfa327
    Participant

@dfa327

Lol, ya I use it and about another 5000 people too. I’ve done a lot of work on it recently. I’m very open to suggestions on what people want so let me know what you want and chances are I’ll add it.

Thanks,

Dave

gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

@Dfa327

Can you recommend any sites where I can see it working and try it out?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@gregfielding

David’s own site – getpaidfrom.us – uses it.

Michael Berra
    Participant

@miguael

To me (or for our Users) the Ajax-Chat is too much and too complicated (too man options). We would not need the full chat, only the little one. Group chat would Be great and showing in a simple way who is online… That would just be enough. No buddYbar-stuff, etc… To us, less would be more… So we are still waiting :)

Diesel Laws
    Participant

@diesellaws

I use the chat function from the WIBIYA TOOLBAR, works great and can have video conferencing too. It worked great (except for lag issues) with our CHAT YOUR FACE OFF EVENT – http://freelancerunplugged.com/blog/chat-your-face-off-review/

Casey Trowbridge
    Participant

@randomcatastrophe

Dave, the plugin seems to work just fine but I do see this…

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-ajax-chat/bp-chat/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php

on line 182

Using WP 2.9.2, BP 1.2.2.1 Buddypress default theme and chat open in a new window.

Casey Trowbridge
    Participant

@randomcatastrophe

I hate to consecutive post but aside from the notice in my last mention, I found another one.

I’ll again mention that I’m using WP 2.9.2, latest version of Buddypress with the default theme and the latest version of the plugin with chat to open in a new window.

I was browsing a member’s profile on my site: http://randomcatastrophe.com/members/jimmyray/ and decided to click on the chat link.

I was immediately redirected back to the frontpage of the site where all of my blog entries are.

If I’m on my own page http://randomcatastrophe.com/members/ctrowbridge/ and click on chat, it opens in a new window properly.

I hope I’ve given enough information, I can’t think of anything else to mention.

Casey Trowbridge
    Participant

@randomcatastrophe

Again, apologies for the consecutive comments but if there is a way to edit my previous one either I’m missing it or my screen reader (I’m visually impaired) is not picking it up.

Was typing up a blog post earlier and when I published I got this output.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-ajax-chat/bp-chat.php:480)

in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxx/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

The post did appear when I went to the frontpage of the site.

Kunal17
    Participant

@kunal17

Activating the buddypress chat component plugin ver 1.2.5 completely breaks the css on my install. I am running WPMU2.9.2/BP1.2.2.1.

Is there any other information that I can provide specific to the plugin to help fix the problem?

Dfa327
    Participant

@dfa327

@Michael Berra

I’ll try to make more options in the future so you can customize the install of the chat. Like shoutbox only or full chat only and menu bar stuff too.

@Kunal17

There’s a bunch of css styles that get loaded, facebox, rounded corners, etc. If you look in the bp-chat/bp-chat-cssjs.php you can pick and choose which ones your don’t want loaded.

@randomcatastrophe

Please posts errors on my site as I don’t troll this site much at all. I did a bunch of bug fixes so my guess is that solves your issues above.

Thanks,

Dave

Peter Anselmo
    Participant

@peteranselmo

@Dfa327,

Hi, giving this plugin a whirl, and it’s pretty sweet. One thing I’ve noticed: It seems that any plugin using the generic group/single/plugins template (including all that use the Group Extension API) conflicts with chat.

I’ve noticed when using these plugins (Group Wiki, Invite Anyone, Group Documents), and you navigate to one of these pages, The chat window pops up and all online users are shown above the navigation. Not totally sure what’s causing this conflict, any ideas?

Thanks.

Casey Trowbridge
    Participant

@randomcatastrophe

@DFA327, I did end up posting those errors over at your site as well.

The issue with the message appearing after hitting publish on posts has gone away.

The others still existed last I checked.

Kunal17
    Participant

@kunal17

I think the display issues I posted about earlier are caused due to a conflict with the WP-Minify plugin: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-minify/

Sam Steiner
    Participant

@magganpice

Cool plugin. Some ideas:

– A setting to prevent the shoutbox opening in the admin backend would be great

– The “V^x” symbols in the top right of the shoutbox are not very sexy

– A setting to switch off the full page mode (hide “Chat” in the buddybar, hide “Go to full chat” in shoutbox)

Andy Peatling
    Keymaster

@apeatling

Please update this plugin to work when BP is disabled. See:

https://buddypress.org/forums/topic/plugin-hall-of-shame-plugin-devs-please-read

hkcharlie
    Participant

@hkcharlie

I wrorte about an issue here
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/409388?replies=2
    to clarify, the ajax chat box keeps popping up in group chat in new pages created by group extension plugins eg: links, albums etc
    Group pages like activity or forums it stays out of the way unless called upon.

Any ideas?

Mr. Bigsby
    Participant

@holgria

I’m having an issue with this plugin no longer working after update to 1.2.5, the text input box no longer appears and neither does the entire chat. Deleted and reinstalled 3 times. Any idea?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Is anyone using Buddypress-Ajax-Chat?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar