Categories
Search
Bottom

Need help to find a Tagging plugin?

• Adam
    Participant

@adam2398

Hi,

I’m a non-technical user of WP & BuddyPress and I’ve recently set up a new network. I’m having trouble finding a plugin which will automatically tag (with possibly the option to select chosen tags) an individual post, instead of having to add tags manually.

I’m aware that there are plugins which do this for WP posts, however I want it to do it for any forum/group post.

Does such a plugin exist?

Many Thanks,
    Adam

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Hi Adam,

As far as I know such a plugin does not exist. The closest options are BuddyPress Activity Tags and BuddyPress Group Tags.

There might be such a plugin over on WPMU DEV but I don’t know since I’m not a subscriber. I kind of doubt it though.

Adam
    Participant

@adam2398

Thanks for the response. That actually brings up another problem which I’ve had.

The BuddyPress Activity Tags are a good enough solutions for me, however when I go to activate the plugin I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Bp_Activity_Tags_Widget’ not found in D:Hosting*********htmlwp-includeswidgets.php on line 324

…. and I have to use my ftp client to delete the folder to access my Admin area.

As a non-technical user, I don’t have a clue where to start with this error, I’ve Google’d it and there’s nothing. Is this a common problem with this plugin or is there a simple fix?

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

Did you follow the installation correctly?

Installation

Installation is easy:

1. Upload bp-activity-tags folder to the wp-content/plugins directory in your installation.
    2. Activate the plugin in your Administration Panel.
    3. Create a new page in your blog with default activity tags URI: activity-tags.
    4. Place [bp_activity_tags] in the post content area.
    5. Activate widget BP Activity Tags.

Adam
    Participant

@adam2398

I installed the plugin through Admin / Plugins / Add New, and when I activate it, I get the sitewide fatal error.

Do I need to place the folder in there manually via ftp and follow the steps 3 – 5 which you mentioned.

Thanks

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

Haven’t used it though it looks like you must go into wp-admin > pages > ad new page and title it: activity-tags

Then place the short code [bp_activity_tags] in the body of the post were you would normally write stuff and click publish page.

Hope that you come right

suman
    Participant

@sumans

I found the same problem , my admin area also show that error

Fatal error: Class ‘Bp_Activity_Tags_Widget’ not found in /home/googlesite/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 324

please guide me urgent.

thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help to find a Tagging plugin?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar