Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New social plugin – need advise / help

• CJ Kruger
    Participant

@cj-kruger

Last night I started working on a new social plugin that lets users share a groups home page via Facebook, Google + and Twitter. I also created a ‘follow widget’.

My main concern is that having added the fields below, to the group details section – it drags out the initial creation step. Users are unlikely to know how to find their Facebook fan page name and Google+ ID hence I will provide some info and a link to a tutorial on how to find them.

I would rather have the fields on their own group creation step and edit tab but I am battling to save the meta using the group extension api.

I have had a look at an example @boone provided however I cant come right ( example ).

I have also had a look at other plugins like wpmudev’s group calendar plugin but the don’t use the api and do it ‘by hand’..

Could someone please maybe extend the group extension api example ( http://codex.buddypress.org/developer-docs/group-extension-api/ ) with a simple way of saving the group meta, and I will be able to complete the plugin.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘New social plugin – need advise / help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar