Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

One Quick Post vs Jet QuickPress

• intimez
    Participant

@intimez

Has anyone used either plugin and can tell me which one is good for member to submit post for frontpage and to review by admin first appearing? I also saw some on wordpress plugin directory and it’s very confusing. Why did @apeatling create two different kind?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Andy did not create these plugins. There is currently a bug in the BuddyPress plugin directory that doesn’t attach some plugin authors to their respective plugin. It falls back to Andy’s avatar when the bug occurs.

intimez
    Participant

@intimez

@r-a-y Got it, thanks!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@intimez I tested https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jet-quickpress/ on WPMU 2.9.2 and WP 3.0 with BP 1.2.5.2 and it’s working as advertised, it is BP compatible. In addition, if blog creation is enabled, there is a dropdown for which blog/subblog you want your post to be published in. I haven’t tried One Quick Post yet.

grosbouff
    Participant

@grosbouff

Jet QuickPress is a plugin from Jettochkin based on my first plugin ‘BuddyPress Quickpress’.
    One Quick Post is the ‘new version’ of BuddyPress Quickpress; the difference is that the plugin works for WordPress too (without BuddyPress), and has been improved.

As OQP (one quick post) is used to “power” my main plugin Your Classified Ads; you can be sure i will still update it :).

bplove
    Participant

@bplove

@grosbouff So OQP is the current winner of the two in terms of functionality? Is it ready for a production site or still too alphaish?

mud1
    Participant

@mud1

I have the same question as @intimez mentioned above. Is it possible with OQP to submit post to frontpage and before it appears, admin can review the post first?

Thanks.

bplove
    Participant

@bplove

If either of these plugins were to be used with a WordPress install without the Multi-blog / site system in effect (meaning it’s all run off the main blog, not sub-blogs), and you had say 10,000 authors blogging or more on the main blog, would that work fine? Or would they need to get into the multi-blog environment to have upwards of 10,000 authors?

milordk
    Participant

@milordk

Contrast does not make sense :)

The plugin is really a further development BPQP (for which the author BPQP thank you very much!).

The idea – to use the engine WP for publication, but for the interface to your post.

As for compatibility with conventional (non-MU) WP – it will be ensured.

ps: plugins I created for my projects and sometimes develop at the request of those who use them:)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘One Quick Post vs Jet QuickPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar