Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with Post(update) button

• steliodj

@steliodj

Hi there i have a problem with Post update form …..if you can visit http://tinyurl.com/4q45s89 with IE or Chrome and go to Activity through top bp bar then click to Post Update(leave text area blank, without any content) you will see the problem…with FireFox it is fine…also the button in IE and Chrome seems that it’s been cut at the right.

You’ll need a username and password to access the site because of maintenance plugin, please use this:

Username: bpforum
    Password: 123

It would be great if i could fix the button and the error message issue(Please enter some content to post.) Even better for the error message would be if i could place it just to the left of the submit button.

All of them seem to be styling issues, but although i took it up to this point i cannot find how to fix those.

Please Advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Stelios

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

This is a heavily customised theme. Generally the support forum here helps with matters related to the running of BuddyPress and the BuddyPress default theme.

Although it almost certainly an issue with the themes styling to determine that absolutely one should drop back to the BP default theme to check if the issue still persists.

Fixing styling issues with third party themes is slightly beyond the remit of this forum but someone may take a look for you and offer some suggestions (presently I am without the two aforementioned afflicted browsers)

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi hnla, yeah unfortunately i had to use this theme which was not bp compatible so i had to use template pack and do customizations myself…but cannot solve those two issues as well as to change the color of item-nav it seems that whatever i do it overides somwehere else …thanks anyway i hope that someone can give me an advice with this.

How about item-nav hnla, can you advice where is the appropriate place(style) to edit this ? Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Stelios

Hugo Ashmore
    Keymaster

@hnla

You should be able to override styles in the main themes style.css file, you might need to increase the specificity of the selector set to ensure the properties take precedence over others that may be set.

#wraper #content #item-nav add in ancestral elements until your styles kick in and have a heavier weight than others that might be decalred for #item-nav

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi hnla….thank you very much for the help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Post(update) button’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar