Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Role Scoper: Adding custom roles for Buddypress groups

• Is it possible to create a Role Scoper group to control permissions inside Buddypress Groups?

For example, if I had “Group Editor” RS group, then they would have the permission to edit posts in the buddy press group they are in. But not control other groups in which they are NOT in the Group Editor RS role.

I get the impression that RS works on the overarching site, as opposed to a group entity level. Can I get it to work as such?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • does anyone have any thoughts on this? Even if just expanding how buddy press does roles? Currently, it only allows 3-4 (i forgot) roles, what if we wanted to expand this with the flexibility of Role Scoper?

No, it’s not possible.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Why not just use moderators?

because specifically I am looking at having an extensive group page that has different roles based on the different capabilities. Role Scoper fit in that perspective, because I only want some roles to view and edit some content types.

If it’s not possible, I’m thinking about just hacking one up via Pods CMS or something

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Role Scoper: Adding custom roles for Buddypress groups’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar