Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sending attachments with Private messages

• Hi, I’m new to buddypress and looking to use it on a site I may be developing.

I just wondered if it was possible to extend the current private message system to allow it so send attachments to users. Or if a current plugin would offer this.

I’ve taken a look but cannot seem to find any solution.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• dennissmolek
    Participant

@dennissmolek

There isnt a plugin I know about, but there are a few for group docs and things like that..

Thanks for the reply. Been looking at some group docs extensions. I would also need one to allow users to upload and share documents with each other outside of groups. Will have a go at developing one but don’t want to repeat work if it’s already been done.

I have been looking for PM attachments as well! Would love to have that feature.

Ditto :)

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

It’s possible, but the plugin would have to create its own tables to store the data. The Group Documents plugin that Dennis mentioned does something similar codewise and can be used as a jumping off point.

It would be better if BP had a dedicated meta table for PMs like the activity component. Then you could easily add this time of information without creating a separate table. I created a ticket here about this:
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3083

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sending attachments with Private messages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar