Categories
Search
Bottom

1.2.6 Upgrade – Lost translation

• Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Upgraded to 1.2.6,

Uploaded 1.2.6 po and mo files to buddypress language folder.

Wordpress is in Polish, buddypress is in english.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Ps. This is a live Polish site so everyones a bit confused, any advice anyone can suggest much appreciated :)

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

For @pgibbs the site can be seen at http://www.pl.science3point0.com – If you check out the tabs, you’ll see the bp ones are english. Thanks.

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

Each upgrading of BP is deleting the bp-languages folder content ….
    You have to put buddypress-pl_PL.mo into it to have your site in polish again

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Thanks @Chouf1 – I’ve done that, still no joy!

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

define wp_lang in wp-config ?
    activate lang in wp admin “options” and “settings” ?

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Yes yes and yes @Chouf1 ANy idea what it could be?

Hi Mark, thanks for posting.
    Chouf1, are languages working for you in BP 1.2.6?

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Hey Paul, thanks for getting back to me. I know its been a busy day for you! Im gonna get my achievements going tomorrow : )

No idea whats happening, can you check the link to make sure its not just my browser not cacheing please?

Hi Mark; they are appearing in English.

Mark, I’ve just tested the translation on a test site. Some of the BuddyPress localisation seems to work, most of it doesn’t. I think the .mo file is incomplete.

Have you contacted the maintainer to ask if it is up-to-date? I’m not sure who looks after Polish. (It might be a silly question, but it’s worth checking).

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

Hi Paul, yes my fr_FR translation is working correctly on 1.2.6. You’re probably right with the mo expectation. Something is certainly going wrong somewhere. And polish use some accentuated caracters, i guess.

Maybe a stupid question: has the .mo file added after upgrade the right permission set to 644 on your server ?

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

@Chouf1 Thanks for the suggestion but right permissions. I’ll try and get in touch with the polish maintainer @Paul_Gibbs if I can find him/her. Thanks

Dear Mark!

I have just installed BuddyPress 1.2.6 along with WordPress 3.0.1, installed translations for both and put `define (‘WPLANG’, ‘pl_PL’);` inside wp-config.php. Everything seems to work fine, even if only the BuddyPress translation is in place.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Hey @waclawjacek.

If the bp translation is in place I have no option to change language. If both are in place I can change language and wp is translated bp is not.

I have wplang etc in place.

Do you upload the bp files as pl_PL.po or buddypress_pl_PL.po etc?

Thanks a lot.

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

pl-PL.po is a translation for the WP part – PAth: wp-content/languages
    buddypress-pl_PL.po is the BP translation. – Path: wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages

if you put pl_PL.po in the bp-languages folder, neither WP or BP are translated.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

I just reuploaded both sets and now neither is translated, very odd.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

I dont know if its related but I am on bp 3.0.1 and I still get the error WordPress 3.0.1 is available! Please update now.

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

what should the access code be on these files? Do they need read/write status?

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

I have had the same text “WordPress 3.0.1 is available! Please update now.” appearing on the admin page. Should be a bug, but don’t be affraid of it, your site is updated. View the version number of WP at the bottom right of your admin interface.

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

This buggy message is annoying (a synchronizing delay between WP update service and your site), but not important.
    At the place where this message appears, you have option button who says “hide this option ?”.
    You can use it, or if the button does not appear, wait a few hours or can add this at the end of the file wp-includes/version.php
    $wp_local_package = ‘pl_PL’; (will be lost at the next WP update)

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Yeah, so now I’m confused as to why the translation isnt working. Sooo frustrating!

Mark
    Participant

@markhahnel

Just wanted to say +10000000 to @Chouf1 who went above and beyond any level of help to get this fixed.

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

The pomo files you used were corrupted – po was not unicode compliant so the compiled mo file gives a wrong output.

The solution was to replace these files.
    I found them here:
    https://i18n.trac.buddypress.org/browser/pl_PL/tags/1.2.6

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘1.2.6 Upgrade – Lost translation’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar