Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 Error, then redirecting fine?

• m
    Participant

@ml7892

I made my site yesterday and I’ve been trying to fix it up, but whenever I do anything really, it redirects to a 404 page, then instantly redirects to the unerrored page. My buddy has told me it popped up when he uploaded an avatar, when he wrote on my wire, when he accepted my friend request, when posting on the forums… The site is working fine, however. If a 404 page error comes up, everything is still processed. I would just like to get rid of the 404 page and instead make it look a lot smooth and cleaner.

1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? 3.0
    2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? directory
    3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? root
    4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? Nope
    5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. I didn’t test it; I installed it directly
    6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.2.4.1
    7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? Nope
    8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
    BP-NotificationWidget
    BP Disable Activation
    BuddyPress Album+
    BuddyPress Gifts
    BuddyPress Like
    BuddyPress Member Profile Stats
    Buddypress My Friends Widgets
    BuddyPress Profile Privacy
    Buddypress Wire
    Enhanced BuddyPress Widgets
    Registered-Users-Only-2
    9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? a custom theme, Darwin
    10. Have you modified the core files in any way? Not in any way that would affect this.
    11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? Don’t believe so.
    12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? I installed the latest one, but it kept linking me to the post (which was a 404), even though it posted the message. It wouldn’t redirect you back to the thread properly.
    13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
    14. Which company provides your hosting? GoDaddy

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error, then redirecting fine?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar