Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

AARGH! wp_blogs table deleted!

• pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Aargh! My cat just walked across the keyboard while in phpmyadmin and deleted wp_blogs! Can it be re-created, or do I have to reinstall WPMU? (God forbid!)

And, silly me, I don’t have a backup copy of the database. I know… duh!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Damn cat! How many blogs did you have?

If it’s less than, say, 10, it wouldn’t be too much of a hassle to manually recreate the missing table and add back the rows.

Here’s the SQL query to recreate the wp_blogs table. Run this query in your WPMU database.

http://pastebin.com/0gEiQ3ji

After you’ve added the table, click on the wp_blogs table, then click on the “Insert” button to manually add each blog to your wp_blogs table.

For reference, you might want to look at your WPMU database and make note of each blog id and URL.

Is there a way to detemrine the blog id, site id and domain from other tables if you did not note it, or backup the WP_Blogs table before losing it? I’ve been able to recreate the main WPMU blog, but cannot figure out how to insert the additional blogs.

Is there a way to detemrine the blog id, site id and domain from other tables if you did not note it, or backup the WP_Blogs table before losing it? I’ve been able to recreate the main WPMU blog, but cannot figure out how to insert the additional blogs.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘AARGH! wp_blogs table deleted!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar