Categories
Search
Bottom

Access to blogs seems to have disappeared in admin bar and BP

• mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

Using BP 1.2.3 and WPMU 2.9.2

A couple of my users have lost access to their blogs. The blogs exist when you go in through blog.com/wp-login.php, and under Site Admin the users are listed as Administrators, but under their BP profile under Blogs I get the “Sorry there are no blogs found”, and on the Admin Bar no blogs are listed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

Can anyone help me out with this? Is it a WPMU issue and I should be asking that forum? What triggers BP to identify a blog with a user and insert it in the Profile under blogs, and in the Admin bar.

This user had the blog listed in the admin bar previously, and now all that appears is the Create A Blog! prompt.

I’m not sure if this helps, but I have just recently changed the # of blogs a user can have from 4 to 2 in the Site Admin panel in WPMU, but the user in question had only one blog to begin with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

A bit more info to ponder. In the users profile it indicates they have Blogs (0), but the blog posts they have written by accessing their blogs through blog.url.com/wp-login.php show up in the activity feed.

mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

More info after more poking about.

I’m running 1.2.3 with WPMU 2.9.2 so it’s NOT the issue that was popping up in 1.2 where the missing description was creating a missing blog, although apart from that the issue seems the same:

The blog is public.

I went in through the back and entered a tagline (just in case)

I disabled then re-enabled the Blog tracking component and I’m about to deactivate, then re-activate BP to see if that refreshes anything.

mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

Disabling all of the plugins (BP last), then re-enabling BP seems to have fixed it. Now I’m going to activate the plugins one by one to see if there is an offending source. Is this worth it, or should I consider the issue resolved?

mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

Resolved. Still puzzled, but resolved.

Dan Butcher
    Participant

@danbutcher

@mrjarbenne, thanks for posting your process here–I’ve had the same issue, and now I know that I need to work with my plugins.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Access to blogs seems to have disappeared in admin bar and BP’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar