Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding another groups tab…

• asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

Basically, I want to add another groups tab… I have re-named the original groups tab to something else, and changed a lot within it. But I just thought of another idea of what I want to do with the groups functionality, but I want to keep my original idea too. So I need to have two sets of groups tabs.

So, if it was in the menu it would be;

home – activity – members – groups – groups – etc.

Surely it’d just be copying the files and changing some parts?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • https://codex.buddypress.org/developer-docs/group-extension-api/ is the proper way to add a new tab/page to groups.

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

@DJPaul

Okay thank you, but I don’t want to edit the groups page. It’s hard to explain, and sorry if that link is correct, but I just want to make sure I’m looking into the right thing before I start.

So, you have a groups tab where users can create groups (comes as default of course), you change that tab to something like “meet ups” and change it to fit it.

But now, you want to create another set of groups, called say “places”.

So the end result is, users can create a “meet up” in one tab, or they can go into the other tab and create a “place”.

I’m not asking how to change names to “meet ups” and “places”, I’m asking how to have two separate sets of groups.

So, will that link be able to do that? :) Thank you in advance!

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

I’m guessing that this is probably possible… but it will be a lot to explain?

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

Never mind, done it :)

developingtrial

@developingtrial

Hey I was trying to create another set of groups as well. If you figured it out do you think you could tell me how you were able to do so.

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

@developingtrial I figured out a way round it, which works better for me. Not too sure about creating another set of groups though, still haven’t managed to do it. I used Jet Event System, which practically works the same as groups, if configured correctly. Hope that helps :)

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

Doesn’t actually work that great.

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

Speaking of tabs ;) I changed the header height, but now the navigation is being really odd. You can only click like the top of it, the rest of it doesn’t act like a button. Any ideas @DJPaul?

asdfgh

@yoursocialbox

Weird… When I made the actual browser page smaller, so the menu went into two rows, the top row worked – the whole button, yet the bottom row didn’t work :S

developingtrial

@developingtrial

thanks i’ll check that out. hopefully i’ll be able to adapt that

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding another groups tab…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar