Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding contact form to members profile.

• sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi

Has anyone successful added a contact form to a members profile. I need this functionality for the buddypress website that i am currently developing.

I would like the Members profile to have a contact button which when clicked allows the users to send an email to the member?

I have seen that Fast and Secure Contact Form works with buddypress but i don’t think it will do exactly what i am after.

Has anyone else done this and could pass on some advice?

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“I would like the Members profile to have a contact button which when clicked allows the users to send an email to the member?”
    Actually, when a logged-in user sends “Private Message” to another member, the latter receives the message in his/her email inbox. Or did you need a contact form for online visitors who are not logged in so they could touch base with any member of your community?

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes i will need non members to be able to contact a member without being logged into the website. I was aware off the private message as you pointed out but i really need non logged in users to be able to fill out a contact form and send to a members profile email address.

ultimateuser
    Participant

@ultimateuser

I need exactly the same – any progress on this?

israelwebdev
    Participant

@israelwebdev

metoo, news?

israelwebdev
    Participant

@israelwebdev

@ultimateuser @sameast I hacked together a widget in my functions.php using the Grunion Contact Form
    `function custom_buddypress_member_contact($args) {
    global $bp;
    extract($args); // Make before_widget, etc available.
    echo $before_widget;
    echo $before_title . __(‘Contact Me’,TEMPLATE_DOMAIN) . $after_title;
    echo do_shortcode(‘[contact-form widget=2 to=”‘.$bp->displayed_user->userdata->user_email.'” subject=”(‘ . get_option( ‘blogname’ ) . ‘) question” show_subject=”yes” ]’);
    echo $after_widget;
    }

wp_register_sidebar_widget(‘BuddyPress_Contact_Form’, ‘BuddyPress Contact Form’, ‘custom_buddypress_member_contact’, array(‘description’ => ‘BuddyPress Member Contact Form’));
    `

ultimateuser
    Participant

@ultimateuser

Thanks @israelwebdev

I am quite a beginner. Could you explain how to integrate this code into Buddypress? EG where to paste it in functions.php

Do you have a working example on your site?

ultimateuser
    Participant

@ultimateuser

@israelwebdev

Are you able to give support on above?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding contact form to members profile.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar