Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding topic tags after topic creation?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • forgotten oversight in the templates/bp – sure it is possible if you dig deep into bbpress code for the proper function

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

@nuprn1 Cheers Rich, probably a bit out of my league but I’m sure this will get revised in the next release won’t it?

https://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/2281

FWIW – the bbpress function name is bb_add_topic_tags (look at tag-add.php and functions.bb-template.php tag_form() )

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

I would love the ability for my moderators to add tags to already posted forum topics… Most people that are starting on our BuddyPress site (educators) have never really dealt with folksonomy (tags). This is a TOP needed BP core function.

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

@nuprn1 @r-a-y

Asking for ideas of how/where could/should I use this code to accomplish the inputting of tags after a topic was created (specifically for users that did not put any in in the first place)? Would like to make it so a moderator/above could do it… From above trac:

`
    `

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@pisanojm – You should try inputting this in the edit forum post template:
    bp-default/groups/single/forum/edit.php

Give it a shot!

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

@r-a-y

Thanks and no-doubt the right file… Here is what I have:

`

<input type="text" name="topic_title" id="topic_title" value="” />

<?php
    $ttags = bb_get_topic_tags( bp_get_the_topic_id() );
    if ( $ttags ) : ?>

<?php printf(__('

No tags added…

‘), bp_get_forum_directory_permalink() . ‘/#tags’ ); ?>

<input type="submit" name="save_changes" id="save_changes" value="” />

`

Everything appears as it should… the box for the tag entry appears appears, BUT when I put tags in and click SAVE CHANGES -iit does not save them….

Here is a Pict:
    http://mustech.net/holder/addtags.jpg

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@pisanojm – Just looked into this… there’s a bit of patching that needs to be done across multiple files to get topic tags on the edit screen working.

I’ve got a preliminary version working on my testbox. Will add a patch in the next day or so. Stay tuned on Trac!

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

@r-a-y @mercime I just got this from @Brajesh and it is working great! Thank you both so much for your help with this.

Add this to the buddypress/bp-groups.php, around line 476, in addition to the above suggested add (this is a core change, not a theme change):
    `
    //add this

if(!empty($_POST[“topic_tags”]))
    bb_add_topic_tags($topic_id,$_POST[“topic_tags”]);//add the new tags
    //end add

do_action( ‘groups_edit_forum_topic’, $topic_id );
    bp_core_redirect( bp_get_group_permalink( $bp->groups->current_group ) . ‘forum/topic/’ . $topic_slug . ‘/’ );
    }
    `

Also, just for reference, here is the function I added to the functions.php to get the tags to go in a row. (associated with the code I posted above)…

`
    //topic tags as row

function bb_row_tags( $args = null ) {
    $defaults = array(
    ‘tags’ => false,
    ‘format’ => ‘row’,
    ‘topic’ => 0,
    );

$args = wp_parse_args( $args, $defaults );
    extract( $args, EXTR_SKIP );

if ( !$topic = get_topic( get_topic_id( $topic ) ) ) {
    return false;
    }

if ( !is_array( $tags ) ) {
    $tags = bb_get_topic_tags( $topic->topic_id );
    }

if ( !$tags ) {
    return false;
    }

$r = ”;
    switch ( strtolower( $format ) ) {
    case ‘row’ :
    default :
    $args = ‘row’;
    foreach ( $tags as $tag ) {
    $r .= _bb_row_tag_item( $tag, $args );
    }
    break;
    }
    echo $r;
    }

function _bb_row_tag_item( $tag, $args ) {
    $url = esc_url( bb_get_tag_link( $tag ) );
    $name = esc_html( bb_get_tag_name( $tag ) );
    if ( ‘row’ == $args ) {
    $id = ‘tag-‘ . $tag->tag_id . ‘_’ . $tag->user_id;
    return “t” . ‘‘ . $name . ‘‘ . “n”;
    }
    }
    `

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@pisanojm 10-4 good news indeed :-)

spinhead
    Participant

@spinhead

@Pisanojm in your tags-to-row function, the return t and n just seem to write the letters t and n before and after the tag. I can’t find anything in the function where these might be variables meaning something else. I’d think you’d just want a separator there.

What did I miss?

Pisanojm
    Participant

@pisanojm

@spinhead I didn’t program the function, but it was made for bbpress originally, I just hacked it together into something that worked for buddypress… That being said I may have omitted something above.

My original post on buddypress.org included a link to the pastebin that I created here (makes sure to read the comments I put in as it is pasted together into one file):

http://pastebin.com/fvM6LEnp

Here is the original thread on buddypress…
    https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/forum-topic-tags/?topic_page=1&num=15

It is kind of crazy how hard it it to get the topic tags to appear as a row… this integration works for me.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding topic tags after topic creation?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar