Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

After re-install, there are TWO “Add Friend” links on members page…

• jmatthewgore
    Participant

@jmatthewgore

and if I disable the “Add Friend” feature, I get a PHP error message in that area.

Here’s what happened: I had a database problem, so I restored my database and site files from a backup. Afterward, I wanted to clean up my installation, so I uninstalled all non-essential plugins (including buddypress) and then cleaned the wp_options table of all obvious orphans, and then re-installed a few of the plugins that I wanted, again, including buddypress. I’m using the template “Suffusion” and its buddypress-pack in a child theme, which, although not perfect, didn’t have this problem before the backup. Just to make sure, I deleted my child theme, created a new one, and installed a fresh copy of the theme’s buddypress pack, with no change.

So, it seems like something in my installation that’s leftover from a previous install is adding that second “Add Friend” message. Also, on the tab in my profile, there’s an indicator that I have (1) friend (there should be none). If I actually click on that tab, it just directs me back to my profile main index.

Where would this extra data be saved? How do I get rid of it? How do I clean out this extra junk?

Thanks!

– Matthew

(incidentally, my blog is at gorephoto.com/blog . BP is active, but the links to its pages are not, until I get these things figured out. you can just type in /members though, to see the error first hand).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘After re-install, there are TWO “Add Friend” links on members page…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar