Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Any way to autofill Profile fields when authenticating against Active Directory?

• chrisjscott
    Participant

@chrisjscott

I’m setting up a BP installation and using the AD Integration plugin in order to auto-create WordPress accounts when people log in with existing Active Directory credentials. While the AD Integratration plug-in autofills in the new user’s login name, First Name and Last Name, these fields don’t carry into the user’s Buddypress profile.

Is there any way to do this? Even better, is there any way to automatically import other info that can be retrieved via AD authentication (title, phone number, etc.)?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Brandon Allen
    Participant

@cnorris23

That would be something to ask the authors of the AD Integration plugin, but I would suspect that you would need to use a plugin provided hook, and the write you’re own custom function to do this.

chrisjscott
    Participant

@chrisjscott

I figured it’d be a BP thing, as the AD Integration plug-in is BP-agnostic and it works correctly w/ WordPress (as proven by the fact that the user accounts are populated).

In light of that, maybe I should rephrase the question to ask if there’s a way that BP could read more than shortname from the WordPress user account when creating the account profile.

Brandon Allen
    Participant

@cnorris23

It’s still the same answer. There is a way, but it would take code. You would need to use hooks from the AD Intergration plugin and hooks/functions from BP to handle this. The reason I said talk to the plugin author is because you might be able to request the the plugin author adds this as a feature.

chrisjscott
    Participant

@chrisjscott

Got it – thanks for the direction.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Any way to autofill Profile fields when authenticating against Active Directory?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar