Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Background and Sidebar Issues

• steliodj

@steliodj

Hi there,

I’m creating a site ( http://tinyurl.com/4q45s89 ) using buddypress…unfortunately my theme was not Buddypress compatible and i hired a freelancer to implement it using bp template pack plugin.

After doing it we added a second background(the blue one in front of the grass…i know it looks ugly but it’s just a placeholder) and he cannot add this to buddypress pages(components) also, my developer says that components use the same styling as the theme and somehow are is overiding all the changes he makes to buddypress….i don’t really get this, i’m not much of a developer but i can’t see the reason….here is how it looks without the second bg : http://tinyurl.com/665zbnf …can someone please advice if there is a solution to this ?

Also is there anyway i can show the same sidebar as the theme in the buddypress pages/components ?

I would appreciate any help, i put a lot effort to this website and i’m really stack here.

Thanks in advance,
    Stelios

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

I’m sorry that your stack :).

So I tried to comprehend as much as I possibly could from what you are writing. Are you trying to style the background of some of the components of buddypress? Like profiles and groups to match your background image?

It’s hard to get a picture also, because your site is on maintenance mode right now

steliodj

@steliodj

Ho Virtuali…forgot maintenance mode active….please try again . I need the same styling(background) and sidebar of homepage ( http://tinyurl.com/4q45s89 ) to apply to all of buddypress components…e.g. http://tinyurl.com/665zbnf

Is this possible?

Thanks

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Well right now, it looks like your homepage background color is a light blue, it’s just a color code am i right?

So you will need to apply that color to your wrapper css:

`{ background color: #ffff; }` (replace #fff to your appropriate color)

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

So, go into your theme’s Style.css and add:

`background-color: #85C8F2;` under the #content {

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi Virutali, thanks for helping me.

You mean to add this in buddypress style.css , right ? The only theme that i have in buddypress is the default one..it’s style.css imports default.css

and here is what i did…i added background-color: #85C8F2; but nothing changes. Is there any possibility that because of template pack plugin i have to edit something else?

div#content {
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    -moz-border-radius-topleft: 6px;
    -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 6px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 6px;
    -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 6px;
    background-color: #85C8F2;

Please advice

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

No, not the buddypress css, your Theme’s Style.CSS.

The easiest way to access this is in the wordpress admin –> Go down to the theme editor, and go down to the bottom to your style.css.

Now find this piece of css:

`/* Main Content

*/

#content {
    width:960px;
    margin: 0px auto;`

right below the last line, add
    `background-color: #85C8F2;`

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi again Virtuali…sorry for the multiple posts…my fault i found it it was in my theme’s style.css .

How about the sidebar, is there anyway i can implement it ?

Please advice.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Looks like you implemented some CSS from the buddypress default theme, most likely a Max-width css attribute. It’s overlapping the sidebar. I couldn’t pinpoint it off the top of my head…

It’s probably under the `/* > Global Elements` or `/* > Container`

steliodj

@steliodj

Hm…really my theme’s (the one with the search box,ads etc) sidebar is actually there? Or you mean buddypress’ sidebar?

Can you spot out where is the line i have to edit or add?

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

unless you have physically made changes, or have removed the get_sidebar from the files.

What have you imported? What styles from bp have you put into your theme? the entire default.css?

steliodj

@steliodj

Just noticed that sidebar was enabled only in posts and not pages….now i activated it and added a widget, if you check a buddypress component http://tinyurl.com/665zbnf you can see that the widget is at the bottom after the component.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Thats because you have a `max-width:` css applied somewhere in your bp-css, because the content is overlapping the sidebar, and it’s getting pushed down to the bottom.

I can’t pinpoint exactly where it is, You, must go searching in your css and find it, and tinker to make it fit in your theme. :), otherwise, I would contact your freelancer to find it.

steliodj

@steliodj

Great i would check for max-width: …thank you very much for your help, you are awesome.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Background and Sidebar Issues’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar