Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress install within Buddypress – no database tables

• I’m running WP 3.0.3 and Buddypress 1.2.7.
    I can see my forum access within the group but when I try to add a new post topic I get an error message.
    I’ve checked out the database and I can see that I have no bb tables.

I’ve used the admin panel to run the one-click install and have even tried reinstalling.
    Even though the system message confirms that I have successfully installed bbPress for Buddypress the tables do not get added to the database.

BTW: I tried to create bbPress as a new install (not an existing one)

Please help.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The tables should be first created as soon as the very first forum post in (any) group is made. Very odd that is hasn’t. Was this on a clean install? i.e. you haven’t tried installing bbPress before in the same database. Are there any relevant messages in your webserver’s error log?

Hi Paul,

No, I haven’t tried installing bbPress before in the same database.
    Can you tell me where the error log would typically live?

I’ve added a debugging plugin but I’m not seeing any obvious errors and I’m not sure what to look for.
    I’ve never had this issue before, and I can’t find anyone else in the forums with a problem similar to mine.

Not sure what else to try at this point. Is it possible to add the tables manually?

Thanks

I can’t say where the log file might live; depends on server and OS, and out of my field of knowledge. Do you have a bb-config.php file in the root directory of your site? (same folder as wp-config.php)

yes. I see the bb-config.php file.
    I tried turning off all the plugins and reactivating one by one.
    Each time creating a new test forum and attempting to create a topic.
    No luck. No new tables in the database… sigh!
    I notice that I don’t have any bp_forum tables either. This strikes me as odd.

My site isn’t live yet.
    I’m wondering if there is any way I can preserve (re-instate) all of the configuration I’ve done to date should have to delete everything and start over again.

Dread the thought!

If telling bbPress to reinstall itself (on the buddypress forums setup page), and creating a new group, then then posting a message to the forum in that group doesn’t work, you’ll probably have to track down your server log file and see if/what messages you are getting.

yes. I see the bb-config.php file.
    And can you confirm that it has the same connection details as the main wp-config file just to rule that out of the equation.

Yes the bb-config (at the root level) and the wp-config files have the same connection details.

I’ve found the table structure from a separate database on my production server. I’m thinking about adding the 8 missing tables manually.
    Does anyone see any potential challenges with that or know of any additional steps that I will need to take to get things working after I add the tables?
    I’m a little out of my depth here, but I’m willing to try it so that I don’t have to start the whole site build over from scratch on a new database.

I’m open to better ideas though!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress install within Buddypress – no database tables’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar