Categories
Search
Bottom

BP-Admin Bar … did I miss something?

• Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Hey All,

Maybe I did something wrong somewhere, but it’s called the bp-admin-bar … yet there’s no WP admin links for the site admins. I understand the name is from the administration of each account, I know … but there doesn’t seem to be a way to access the site admin area from anywhere in BP that I can see.

I was going to hack the widget to add a link for site admin (if you are an admin of course) but I thought I should check with you guys and see if maybe I have something set wrong or I’m missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks

V

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Ok so I started from scratch with WPMU this time …

But it seems like overkill for what I need, I prefer to have my users just post on the main blog. Is there a way to get the admin bar links to work like the do in MU (minus the Create a Blog link) so that users can go straight to the admin panel and post?

If a “Member” types wp-admin into the browser bar they can access the panel and post, I just need to know if theres a way to add that functionality to the admin bar? Or maybe is there a plugin that does this?

Thanks

V

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

This will help you add dashboard link to your bp admin bar

Modifying the BuddyPress AdminBar

Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

I was able to use the article above and the Capability Manger plugin https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/capsman/ to create a very nice to accomplish exactly what I wanted.

Using the WP install as opposed to MU I now have a Blog menu that allows Members (now with the role of Authors) to add, edit, and manage comments on the main blog.

Very nice, works exactly as I wanted.

1. Create bp-custom.php and place it in wp-content/plugins/
    2. Add the code below and save.

(ok well sorry … tried adding the code but it gets all mangled.)

If you want it I guess send me a message or something :)

V

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘BP-Admin Bar … did I miss something?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar