Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP Default Theme for BP Pages Only

• boruchsiper

@boruchsiper

Just like the title says: Is there a way to implement the default BP theme for BP pages (like: activity, forums, members etc…) only and not for the rest of the site?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Use a WordPress theme and install the BP Template Pack plugin where you have to change HTML structure to use your WordPress theme’s HTML structure.
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/bp-template-pack-walkthrough-level-easy-2/

boruchsiper

@boruchsiper

@merciime The tutorials you linked to shows how to make buddypress pages look like the wordpress theme. What I want to accomplish is to have my regular wordress pages have it’s own theme, and use the default buddypress theme (that comes bundled with the plugin) for BP specific pages. In essence I want to use two themes on the same wordpress install.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

=== two themes on the same wordpress install ===

If you mean use two themes for a single WP install or a single site of a WP multisite install. No. I seem to recall a plugin that was supposed to do that a long time ago, but I doubt if it had even been upgraded nor if it will work with BuddyPress.

What can be done right now is to create a child theme of bp-default then copy over the “regular” WP pages from bp-default theme into your child theme like index.php, page.php, single.php etc. and call a different header, footer, sidebar and even styling for those specific pages.

boruchsiper

@boruchsiper

@mercime Thanks. I’ll try your suggestion and see how it works out. The reason i want to do this is because the bp css and js seams to work best with the bp default theme. Before posting here I tried converting my existing theme using one of the links you referred to above, but it doesn’t work as smoothly as having the default bp theme. Besides, having the site look different on its social networking part isn’t that bad of an idea.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== Besides, having the site look different on its social networking part isn’t that bad of an idea. ==

True. It all depends on the vision for the site :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Default Theme for BP Pages Only’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar