Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress Avatar Crop Not Working Internet Explorer 8

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What plugins are you using please?

Hi Paul,

I just tried this fix, but it didn’t work: http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ie8-compatibility-mode.

Below is a list of my active plugins. But I’m not sure if it’s a plugin issue because the cropping works in Firefox. Is it an IE8 compatibilty issue? If so, how can I get around it?

Here are my active plugins:
    * Advanced Permalinks
    * AJAX Login Widget++
    * BP-NotificationWidget
    * BP Disable Activation
    * BP Hide Widgets
    * BP Member Filter
    * BuddyPress
    * BuddyPress Album+
    * Buddypress Widget Pack
    * Capability Manager
    * Dean’s Permalinks Migration
    * Enhanced BuddyPress Widgets
    * Fast Secure Contact Form
    * Fluency Admin
    * IE7 Compatibility
    * Invite Anyone
    * Media Library Gallery
    * My Comments Manager
    * NextGEN Gallery
    * NextGEN Gallery Sidebar Widget
    * Nicer permalinks for Vietnamese
    * oEmbed for BuddyPress
    * ourSTATS Widget
    * Peter’s Login Redirect
    * Plugin Central
    * SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
    * Simple Trackback Validation
    * TDLC Birthdays
    * Theme Switcher Reloaded
    * Top 10
    * Transposh Translation Filter
    * User Permissions
    * Visitor Maps and Who’s Online
    * Welcome Pack
    * WordPress Admin Bar
    * WordPress Database Backup

Thanks for your help!
    Jdawn

Here’s my site if you want to sign to be a user and see how the crop feature doesn’t work in IE8:
    http://www.zanyiza.org

This is for a giant camp coming up in 2 weeks and I must have the crop working before then!

Many thanks.

Thanks for using Welcome Pack ;)

You’ve got a lot of plugins loading a lot of javascript. I can’t pinpoint which one is causing trouble because there’s too much for me to look through, so you will need to disable all of your plugins — except BuddyPress — and then test it in IE8. I imagine group avatar cropping would be affected the same way as user profile cropping is.

If disabling everything other than BuddyPress fixes the problem, re-enable the plugins one at a time until it breaks; you’ve then found the conflict and we can then try to figure out how to fix it.

If, however, you disable all plugins other than BuddyPress, and the problem is still there, try also switching back to the BP-Default theme.

Hi Paul,

I disabled every plugin other than BuddyPress – the avatar crop still doesn’t work in IE8. Then, with only BuddyPress plugin, I switched to the default theme. It still doesn’t work.

Please help soon.

Thank you,
    Jdawn

I keep getting a message “Error on the page” in IE8.

Please note: My users are not technologically sophisticated enough to change settings in IE8 – that’s why I need it work out of the box.

Many, many thanks!

I just upgraded to WordPress 3.0.1 as well.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress Avatar Crop Not Working Internet Explorer 8’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar