Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress Template Pack and Buddypress 1.2.6 – things break but I have a solution

• hotforwords
    Participant

@hotforwords

If you use Buddypress Template Pack and upgrate Buddypress to 1.2.6 and decide to update the template files that Template Pack copied into your WordPress Template directory with the updated 1.2.6 bp-default template files, things will break in your WordPress/Buddypress site. Add Friend and Send Private Message buttons will disappear (and maybe other things break as well.)

Anyway.. I found a way to fix Buddypress Template Pack (which has not been updated since February, by the way.)

Copy and paste over some of the items from functions.php in the bp-default theme into the bb-template-pack.php file in the Buddypress Template Pack plugin folder.

On line 35 of bb-template-pack.php I changed bp-js to dtheme-ajax-js

Then I pasted in everything from line 24 through 36 in functions.php in the bp-default theme functions.php and pasted it into bp-template-pack.php after the bracket } after line 35

I have compressed a copy of my new bp-template-pack.php if you want it. You can download it here: http://www.hotforwords.com/files/bp-template-pack.zip

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress Template Pack and Buddypress 1.2.6 – things break but I have a solution’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar