Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress Template Pack: Groups showing but creation is failing

• Josh McKenney
    Participant

@jmckenney

I’ve got a custom template working 99% with BuddyPress Template Pack. But there’s a bug in how the group is being created. I’ve narrowed it down to the fact that cookies are failing. The group was created in the db but step two isn’t carrying over the group id via the cookie that’s supposed to be there. When I revert back to buddypress default them everything works perfectly. The form html is identical…

What am I missing? This is threatening my project big time… I’ve seen this issue in forums with no resolution.

I did a Diff on the html to make sure there were not special js files or something that i’m missing. All seems well:(

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Template pack needs updating for 1.2.6; I will try to do that this weekend.

Josh McKenney
    Participant

@jmckenney

Paul, it was happening before 1.2.6 upgrade… I have seen some other reports, are there any resolutions to the matter overall or anywhere you can point me? Thanks for the quick reply!

To be honest I think the template pack broke for one of the 1.2.5 releases. I have a lot on my schedule at the moment; I will try to get time this weekend to at least figure out what’s broken, even if I can’t release an update.

Josh McKenney
    Participant

@jmckenney

You’re a saint. I understand if you can’t get to it. If it helps at all, see where I drilled down to in the code on page two of this forum topic: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/group-creation-error-are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this.

Also, is this plugin sanctioned as a goto method for creating buddypress themes? I know you are a core developer in Buddypress, but is this a Buddypress initiated plugin or something you saw as a need? I want to make sure i tackled the theming correctly. I was forced to go this way because I needed to use directorypress inside of buddypress and had to meld two designs together instead of starting with a child theme of bp default.

Josh McKenney
    Participant

@jmckenney

wondering if there has been any forward movement on this. searching for some other posts…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘BuddyPress Template Pack: Groups showing but creation is failing’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar