Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress/Site broken in internet explorer 7

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • :puzzled: that SC looks as though you are missing CSS styles altogether, what do other browsers look like?

Diagnosing problems from screen captures isn’t really possible, it’s all about the code! Your best bet is to post a link to your site, if it’s live.

Anonymous User 1502623
    Inactive

@anonymized-1502623

No problem, my site is http://www.audioscribbler.co.uk

I’m not surprised it’s a bit boggle, I kind of stumble through ‘coding’ at the best of times. Looks absolutely fine in all other browsers I’ve tried so far though.

Difficult to help further than saying validate your layout, it’s very badly mal formed. CSS is parsed and applied to the DOM if the DOM is broken then CSS can not be applied correctly or struggles to know where elements start and end. Lots of things can stall the correct construction of a complete page, and this will be different from browser to browser.

You must work through the code identifying where things have broken and correcting them, only then can you be sure that you have a level playing field and that any remaining issues are not simply related to broken markup.

Fyi a good place to start would be the fact that half the necessary head elements are halfway down the page inside the body element of the document, frankly it’s one of those times I would rather HTML had a stricter parsing engine rather than the abomination referred to as the Tag Soup Parser.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress/Site broken in internet explorer 7’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar