Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot activate Buddypress, blank screen after activate

• I dont know why i cannot install Buddypress

I have done all these before i ask here:
    – deactivate all plugins and try activate the buddypress only – FAILED
    – change to default twentyten theme and reactivate the buddypress while other plugins still deactivate – FAILED

FYI, i am using WordPress 3.0.2 and BP 1.2.6

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

maineyak
    Participant

@maineyak

Nice, the page https://codex.buddypress.org/troubleshooting/blank-pages/ is a BLANK PAGE, that’s really useful!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@maineyak No it’s not blank :-) Curious, what browser are you using? You’re the second one who mentioned that codex page/s are blank. Answer posted.

In some server environments, installation of BuddyPress can lead to blank pages. A great source for troubleshooting this problem is the error logs.

Memory Limit
    Increasing the available memory may fix the blank page problem. Three methods are available for increasing the memory limit.

php.ini
    If possible, increase the memory limit within the php.ini file.

wp-config.php
    If possible, increase the memory limit in the wp-config.php file by adding define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');.

.htaccess
    If possible, add the following to the .htaccess file: php_value memory_limit 256M

talk to your host
    If you cannot resolve increasing memory with the fixes above, it means that your hosting provider prevents increases in memory limits. Contact tech support right away. Some hosting providers might require you to upgrade your plan or pay extra.

clear your browser cache or try another browser
    After increasing memory, be sure to clear your browser cache. Also, troubleshoot multiple browsers and multiple user roles (subscriber, author, admin, etc.)

maineyak
    Participant

@maineyak

You’re right. It does show blank in Firefox, but displays for IE.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Strange. I’m using Firefox 16.0.2, haven’t upgraded to latest prompt to do so :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot activate Buddypress, blank screen after activate’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar