Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot Create new Groups

• Teknophilia
    Participant

@teknophilia

I know this has been covered before, but I can’t seem to find the right solution. In both the My Groups page and the bar at the top, I’m missing the create new groups button. I only have My Groups and Invites.
    Ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

Just as a sanity check have you got the setting turned on to allow groups?

Under components have you turned enabled Groups: Let users create, join and participate in groups.

Are you signed in as admin or signed in as a user and does it make a difference to seeing group creation?

If you have a little more information would be great such as what version of BuddyPress / WordPress you are using and also the theme you are using? Does the problem happen with all plugins turned off (I know it can be a pain but it’s good to sanity check them)? Also maybe you can provide a link to your site?

I don’t mean to hijack this conversation and of course will start a new thread if preferred but I have exactly the same issue. Logging in as admin or as user makes no difference. The install is the latest version of both BP and WP (its a fresh install on a test address). The site is at artsnet.co. The theme is called Traject, a fairly complex set up, but the adapted BP files seem to be OK. There are no plugins working except the WPMU updates.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@guileshill I see that you’ve changed to bp-default theme. Go to http://artsnet.co/groups/ – do you see the “Create Group” link beside page title “Groups Directory”?

Yes, but I would expect to see it also as an option from the other menu or header bar, so will users I suspect. Is that not right? If this is the only way to get to that function it seems a very fragmented approach to the interface.
    The other problem is that when using the other theme the sign up does not create a new user, but with the standard theme it seems ok.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot Create new Groups’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar