Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change Blogs to Network in Menu

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

I already have a bp-custom.php in my plugins directory

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

I checked it out, and it looks problematic for me. Especially having to update the .pot file every time buddypress updates. Any other suggestions that might be a little easier?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

What theme are you using?

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

WPMU Network

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If it’s just the link at the menu item, you can just edit the page name and slug in page edit panel, then go to Settings> Pages and choose the new blog menu name from select box and click on Save. You know you’d also have to change title of the Blogs Directory page in yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/yourthemename/blogs/index.php in this line

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

The ‘blogs’ page does not show in menus or pages because it is a buddypress page. I looked at the link and it is unclear to me what you are referencing. The window opens on line 21 but I am not certain what you are pointing at.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@buddhatunes the “blogs” page with regards to BP is the Blogs Directory page which only shows up if you have gone multisite (created a network). Unless you’re referring to something else entirely ….

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

Ok, decided to download poedit and create a .po and .mo file, then uploaded to root/wp-content/languages/…

The .po file automatically created a .mo file upon close, but the file size of the .mo is only 565 compared to 156,145 for the .po file – makes me think I did not generate correctly.

Also, changed ‘blogs’ to ‘network’ in root/wp-content/themes/yourthemename/blogs/index.php on line 14 –

It looks like a lot of the language changes are there but the menu title is still the same – ‘Blogs’

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== but the menu title is still the same – ‘Blogs’ ==

What theme are you using? Just to clarify which dropdown “menu” are you referring to – the one from the admin bar or in main navigation (where btw you can change the name blogs in Appearance > Menus if your theme supports custom menu)?

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

Network from WPMU, main navigation menu.

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

The problem with changing the name blogs in Appearance>Menus is that it is a Buddypress dropdown — under the title ‘Community’ with ‘Activity’, ‘Members’, ‘Groups’, & ‘Blogs’ underneath it.

The Buddypress drop down does not show in Appearance>Menus.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I don’t have a copy of the premium theme. If you also cannot change the menu generated in the theme’s header.php then you should contact theme developer/vendor to make the changes, probably in functions.php file.

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

ok, thanks for giving it a shot

buddhatunes
    Participant

@buddhatunes

Fyi, I finally figured out an easy solution. Use WPMU Ultimate Branding plugin. Go to Text Change and make local or network wide text change.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Blogs to Network in Menu’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar