Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Changing dynamically created titles

• Chad
    Participant

@johnsoce18

I’m not very savvy when it comes to php – I have installed buddypress and the “enable multi-user” plugin, and I just want to change the nav title “blog” to “portfolio”….The word “blog” also appears in other places in the site, like “my blog,” “create blog,” ect, as well as in the search options drop down menu….I want to change all of these to say “portfolio.” How would I go about doing this? Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Chad
    Participant

@johnsoce18

Great, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

Glad I could help :-)

Chad
    Participant

@johnsoce18

@pcwriter – thanks for the help…I did everything the codex instructed and it worked perfectly, except there are 2 places –

So I created a .mo file with poedit and uploaded it to my buddypress site – I wanted to change the word “group(s)” to the word “project(s).” This worked everywhere except in the admin bar drop down, and in member profiles. I still see the word group(s) in these two places.

I double checked my language file to make sure I didn’t miss any, and I didn’t. How do I change these last 2 labels?

I also changed the url slugs from groups to projects, but when I do that the link becomes broken. I think it is because the folder is still named “groups”? How do I fix this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing dynamically created titles’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar