Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Crazyness with bp_dtheme_page_on_front

• WWDay3
    Participant

@wwday3

OK. So I was in my Buddypress install earlier today, and everything was working just fine. A couple hours later I got a call from an associate telling me the site was down – redirecting in a way that would never complete. I pulled up the site, and my theme (Jooc) was telling me bp_dtheme_page_on_front was an undefined function. I went into the header and commented out all of the references to bp_dtheme_page_on_front – the site came up, but the redirection was still not working as it had. So I continued to debug…

The only plugin I have that does redirection is “BP Profile as Homepage”. I FTP’d the plugin folder to another directory, and everything started working as before. I figured I should verify that the plugin truly was the culprit, so I FTP’d it back in and reactivated it. Everything continued working correctly – back to normal. So, my questions are:

1. What is bp_dtheme_page_on_front, and why would the header.php of my theme suddenly stop “finding” it?

2. Why would removing the plugin fix the problem, and then moving it back in and reactivating it *not* break the site again?

To answer any questions in advance, the site is WP 3.0, the BP is 1.2.8, the plugin is version .3, and the *only* mods I;ve made in the last 2 days are uploading a new header image to the theme, and switching back to the “mystery man” defualt for avatars.

Thanks for any input

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• bluehornetstudios

@bluehornetstudios

I don’t know if you’ve resolved this on your own, but I think the problem is that if you are using the BP template pack, or another non-BP theme, Buddypress’s functions.php file is not loading, so those functions are not getting defined. I don’t know where the function is that loads BP’s functions.php but I just went and added an include in bp-custom.php to load it before any of the other scripts.

Like this:

$bp_functions_file = ABSPATH . ‘wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/functions.php’;
    include $bp_functions_file;

There’s probably a better way but that was a quick fix I used to fix that error. I didn’t get any “cannot redeclare…” errors so I’m assuming the file is not loading anywhere else.

PS. I am using the freshnews theme by woothemes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Crazyness with bp_dtheme_page_on_front’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar