Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

create a blog

• rspowers

@rspowers

ok, these may be stupid questions but…..

how do i create a blog in buddypress?

how do i create a tab for this blog?

how do i let my users create their own blog?

i know i can make my home tab the blog but that is my homepage that i want to stay the same, not have posts/comments on.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

If you’re using standard WP, you can’t.

If you’re using WPMU, login to the admin area, navigate to “Site Admin > Options” and under “Allow new registrations”, make sure “Enabled. Blogs and user accounts can be created.” is selected.

If you’ve done this, when you’re logged in, navigate to your blog directory (example.com/blogs) and click on the “Create a Blog” button.

rspowers

@rspowers

using standard WP:(

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

If you haven’t done a lot of work to your BP site yet, I’d recommend starting from scratch and use WPMU if you really need blogs on your site.

Make sure you make a copy of your theme (if applicable) and backup your BP tables.

rspowers

@rspowers

i dont really need them, just thought it would be nice to have. i may play around with it to see if i can get WPMU installed. Im not sure how my hosting service will handle it though..im using icdsoft. i will probably end up just keeping WP

rspowers

@rspowers

found some answers to my questions which helped out a lot…

how do i create a tab for this blog?

i did this in the settings where i could make my blog a tab (static page) rather than being the home tab. this was what i wanted to do. now my home page is static and i have a tab for my blog.

how do i let my users create their own blog?

using WPMU which i am not going to do. i am more content with WP at this time after looking more into wpmu

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘create a blog’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar