Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

customized input for extended profile field

• I have a plug in I am using right now that let’s users put progress meters on their profiles, but it requires they type some funky stuff into the extended profile textbox for the regular expression to match. What I’d like to do is modify the form so that there are multiple inputs for the user, then concatenate the inputs to be replaced into the db.

Does this sound crazy? Hard to do? I’ve been poking around in the code, but I’m fairly new to BuddyPress and WordPress.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

@kipprsnak1 Can you give us a link to the plugin. Sounds like an interesting plugin, but if we can see it we can better understand what you’re trying to do I think. Seems like there should be a better way.

Hey sorry I missed the follow up to this. In a word, I ended up hacking the progpress plugin for WP (http://jasonpenney.net/wordpress-plugins/progpress/). I added a filter for the buddypress xtended profile that I named Goals and it showed up like a champ on the profile pages.

I then made some edits to my theme, which is more of a hack, but now progress meters show up anywhere the member loop is used, and next to the user avatar in the profile page. That said, I wanted to take it one step further and improve the ui (you basically have to load in an html comment that the plugin filters for with a regular expression). I don’t know how to do that in buddy press, but if anyone knows how to modify the UI for the extended profile such that I could take a few different form elements and concatenate them on the WAY to the db, I’d finish off my little hacking and send it back to the plugin developer to see if he liked my extensions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘customized input for extended profile field’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar