Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

disable core field ”name” in registration form

• Webmatter
    Participant

@webmatter

Hi, presently there are two required “name” fields a user has to fill in when registering with buddypress: username and name.
    I want to make registration as simple as possible and I don’t want to force people stating their real name. I also don’t want have them to choose a second nickname. How can I can get rid of the required name field and reduce registration to username and email?
    Thanks for any tips!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I too, am looking to simplify/modify the registration page. I would like to control the fields, is there a plugin for this? I would like to remove the email as a required field. I’m running the default BuddyPress theme. Can anyone help with this? I just want username and password. I have used CIMY Extra Fields, but it seems to not appear in BuddyPress installations, and it does not allow for removing the default fields. If anyone can also tell me how to force avatar or photo uplaod at registration, please post. Much appreciated, everyone.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘disable core field ”name” in registration form’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar