Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Display topic problem

• fladnag

@fladnag

This is my problem: I can add topic, but i can’t read it. When I click on topic title (forum page), I go to group page with message: “There is not entires in this topic” – this is my translation, becouse I’ve got polish version BuddyPress.

What is wrong?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• saphrym

@saphrym

I am having the same problem.

fladnag

@fladnag

So maybe someone help us…

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

What theme are you using? What other BP plugins are you using? What version of BP/WP?

fladnag

@fladnag

Default theme BuddyPress, no other plugins – BP was first… WP 3.1.1 and BP 1.2.8

saphrym

@saphrym

I reinstalled the forums and then created more groups (my first group was private). Now it works fine. So I have no idea what to tell you. This is a completely fresh install I did about an hour before I posted I was having the problem.

Try adding more groups and putting in some test posts. That’s what fixed mine. (When I reinstalled, I was still having the same problem until I added more groups.)

fladnag

@fladnag

And how many groups you add?

fladnag

@fladnag

I’ve got 10, and still “There are no posts for this topic.”…

fladnag

@fladnag

I made it!

Here is solution:
    1) delete buddypress.
    2) It might be useful to check if the tables for bbpress were deleted. Check also there is no bb-config.php in the web root folder.
    3) reinstall buddypress
    4) change ‘TYPE = MYISAM’ to ‘ENGINE = MYISAM’ in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/bb-admin/includes/defaults.bb-schema.php before creating groups and using forums.
    5) create groups and test forums.

And I find it here: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/bbpress-posting-errors-missing-database-tables/?topic_page=2&num=15

@fladnag thank you soooo much for that reply… believe me, i found atleast 10-15 forums talking about this issue… but no one put it asa neatly and precisely as you did… thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Display topic problem’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar