Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

featured member widget to auto update each day

• Dave Wright
    Participant

@davetwizzlebird

Hello, I’m looking to add a featured member to the sidebar of my site, I’d like this to automatically change each day. I’d like to be able to sequentially feature each member of my site and then have the loop begin again. Anyone done/tried/failed at this???

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

Should be a case hopefully of grabbing a member then just doing a random and time restriction to that. I’ve not done it so theorising along with you about how it could be done.

1. Have a theme option you simple add the name then output in your theme files – simple manual method so of course requires more intervention. Does ensure they are valid to be featured in sense could use a reward / community builder.

2. Have a random function with a timer – less about featured more showing random member to me.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

As karmatosed noted above, there’s no ready plugin/widget at this time which does what you want, you/someone needs to create one first.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘featured member widget to auto update each day’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar