Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Friends empty after BuddyPress reinstall, but number of friends still shows

• bradpalmore
    Participant

@bradpalmore

I was chasing some bugs down and uninstalled and reinstalled BuddyPress. After the reinstall, the number of friends indicated next to my name is still 21, however no friends display on the page when I click the link. Additionally, the db wp_bp_friends displays no friends for my user id, which is what it should display.

Users that added friends after the reinstall that also had preexisting friends also have their numbers out of sync. For example, user_id 44 has 3 friends in the db wp_bp_friends but has the number of friends displayed on her page as 6.

How can I get these numbers back in sync?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • friend count is stored in the wp_usermeta table ‘total_friend_count’ so you may need to manually reset those

there is a function friends_get_total_friend_count( $user_id = false ) { – maybe a quick loop over your user_id(s) to update the wp_usermeta table. Unless something already exists for a better recount (maybe a plugin idea) – for which i’ll wait for @r-a-y to correct me on ;)

bradpalmore
    Participant

@bradpalmore

That table holds my friend count (user_id 1), but what about the friend count for other users?

bradpalmore
    Participant

@bradpalmore

Nevermind, I found a total_friend_count table for each user.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Friends empty after BuddyPress reinstall, but number of friends still shows’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar