Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Friendship Requests – No Page Showing Up

• knownasjane

@knownasjane

I recently made a buddypress and I’m having trouble accepting friendship requests. It shows up in my notifications, but there is no “accept” button. If I click it it takes me to my blog page. I also tried going Friends> Requests, but the result is the same. Is there a setting I need to fix or change?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Have you resolved this issue I wonder?

Darryl
    Participant

@socialator

If I click on the link that’s in an e-mail from someone notifying of a friend request the link defaults to the home page. I can’t seem to find a way around this.

Here is the link from the e-mail that sends you to back to root.

http://xxxxxx2.com/members/name/friends/requests/

Darryl
    Participant

@socialator

Anyone with ideas. Have you encountered the same issue as in my last post.

Thanks

Lesa
    Participant

@lesa8

I am having this same issue. The new friend request shows up as a notification and the email is sent out, but when you click, you are taken to the front page of the site.
    This is running on a brand new installation of WP, so eveything is the latest release.
    There seem to be a number of people experiencing this issue but I have seen not solutions. Please help!

In the wp_users table, the user_nicename field contents must be lowercase. Use phpMyAdmin to edit that column. Backup your database first. Run this query:
    UPDATE wp_users SET user_nicename = LOWER(user_nicename);

I just noticed the same thing , with friendship requests in the email being redirected to the front page. Seems like a few folks have this problem with no sign of resolution or acknowledgement of the issue. Anyone know whats going on?

The Friendship email response is most probably a theme related issue as I am using the Genesis Buddy Executive theme. It does not seem to have a members page. How can I create one to show members profile and respond to friendship requests.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Friendship Requests – No Page Showing Up’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar