Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Group Custom Post Types

• Hi
    I am wondering if someone currently has implemented something like
    Custom post types for groups.

As far as I know there would be two ways to do it create a blog for each group and then add the custom post types to each to the blog and link the blog to the group similar to the way bp-groupblog does it.
    Or you could add the custom post types to the main blog and kind of like buddypress-courseware does it.

What do you think would be the best way to do this and why?

Thank Enej

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I will definitely checkout http://buddydev.com/plugins/blog-categories-for-groups/

Thanks

JusHerb
    Participant

@jusherb

@enej (This is the only place I could reach you) I am building an Intranet on WordPress I have read about using various plugins that I can use to get the job done. I am interested in customizing the dashboard to fit my needs visually and navigation wise. However I am having a hard time really putting my finger on a good plan to get an employee directory and a client directory established in the dashboard area. I read up on your plugin, “profile CCT” I was wondering if it was capable of functioning this way. Each directory should have an area (Maybe the left tab bar area on dashboard) where each employee or client has his/her own profile. The profiles will have custom fields; documents (Word Doc or PDF) will need to be uploaded to some of the fields. An expiration date alert will need to a feature for those document fields too. The alerts for those fields should be sent to the admin on expiration. Any suggestions?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Group Custom Post Types’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar