Categories
Search
Bottom

group invite problem

• Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

hi, i\’ve a problem with BP 1.0…

I have created a group and have one friend (for test). When I try to invite the friend to the group I am told that I have no friends… any idea? Thanks!

i\’ve MU 2.7.1 and BP 1.0 with all the component installed without forums.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• nicolagreco
    Participant

@nicolagreco

are you sure he’s your friend ?

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

yes nicola, is another my account for test.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

up :)

Is the user a member of the group already?

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

no Andy it isn\’t, is a normal user register.

another Italian user have this issue, he have 11 friends and none is shown to send him an invitation

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

another up :P

Inactive

Hi!

I have exactly similar problem.

I also have WPMU 2.7.1 and BP 1

skollie
    Participant

@skollie

Had the same problem, till I realised that users need to have entered a name into their profiles. If only their usernames are visible (which they use to login) they will neither show up in the list of members on the site nor appear in your list of friends when you create a group.

Could also be an issue if you use IE, the following settings need to be activated:

Active X controls and Plugins

1. Allow scriptlets (Enable)

2. Run activeX controls and plugins (Enable)

3. Script activeX controls marked safe for scripting (Enable

Scripting

1. Active scripting (Enable)

Worked for me at least, cheers

Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

I don’t understand. How can people *not* have a bp Full Name field filled out since it’s a required field during registration?

Jason Everett Miller
    Participant

@jasoneverettmiller

I am having the same exact issue. All users are registered and have filled out basic profile info, including Full Name, Username and Nickname. After creating a new group and clicking “Invite Members” I am told that I have no friends, though five are listed on my Friends page.

Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

Oh. Yep, I see it. Hang on a sec..

Well, no I don’t see it. If I have an existing group and all my friends are already members or I don’t have any friends then I get a message like that.

I just created a new group and bp displayed all my friends and allowed me to select those I wanted to invite. I invited some and all is fine.

I’m using bp 1.0 and the default home/member themes. Works for me.

Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

Jason, there is no “Invite Members” option. There is a ‘Send Invites”. Are you running bp 1.0 and the default 1.0 member theme?

Inactive

I am still having this issue. I’m running BP 1.0 and own theme but changed the default 1.0 member theme back… and still not working. I also have other problems (https://buddypress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2633).

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘group invite problem’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar