Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Groups Creation Process Fails on Step 3

• foomaster
    Participant

@bmunch

When creating a new group I can enter the Group Details just fine.

Then I can enter the Group Settings just fine.

But when I select “Next Step” to go to Avatar the Wizard process just sort of dies.

There’s no place to upload an avatar. Just the “Previous Step” and “Next Step” buttons.

If I select “Next Step”, I’m met with the default site error message “Are You Sure You Want to Do that? page.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

The Group gets formed but the process for forming it fails.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• foomaster
    Participant

@bmunch

Possibly related:

Now that that Group is created, I get an error message when trying to create a forum post to it.

Existing Groups are fine, so too creating new forum topics to them.

foomaster
    Participant

@bmunch

the error message is the default: “There was an error when creating the topic”

I’m having the exact same errors with an install of BP, everything works, except the “failing” group creation process and errors on the forums.

I’m not getting any PHP errors in my logs neither, using latest versions of WP 3.0.1 and BuddyPress 1.2.5.2

I had BP Group Management enabled but it doesn’t change much.

Thanks,

Steve

I’m having the exact same problem, any solution as of yet?

Bump, any input from the BP team or a power user?

Are you guys all running WP 3.0.1 and the BP Template Pack 1.02? I think that’s the error’s inside the template pack files. Whenever I disable the template pack and switch to the default theme I’m actually able to create groups normally. I think some of the code inside the Template pack has changed since BP 1.2.5.2 or WP 3.0, since the Template pack was made for WP 2.9.2

Sometimes javascript from another plugin conflicts with this area, so that’s another avenue worth exploring.

I deactivated all non essential plugins and tried to see if it worked, which it did. The create group process went just fine so I started to activate all the plugins one by one. And at the end when I’d activated all the plugins again it worked. I find this rather strange but I’m happy its working again.
    running:
    Eventpress (+ bp custom posts)
    BP xtra signup
    bp group management
    enhanced buddypress widgets
    contact form 7

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Groups Creation Process Fails on Step 3’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar