Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Header problem after update buddypress 1.5

• After I made an update to buddypress 1.5 there is a little problem in my header
    see http://www.ikbeneendelta.nl

Besides the buttons, also text links are visible. I have a backup of all my files before updating, so I can start looking for differences. But I would appreciate it if someone could give me a direction to search.

I’m not the original builder of this website, that is a bit of a problem because after updates all kind of files get overwritten.

hzhenk

Hzhenk

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

I’d say that you need to update the theme if you can to a BuddyPress 1.5 version. It looks like it’s looking for CSS and maybe javascript files that don’t exist. Also the javascript files (ajax.php also) may not have been updated.

As it’s your drop down that looks like it’s stopped working that would be probably a scripting issue with an error or resource not being found then causing the rest to fail.

Everything is update. Something in the CSS file is wrong. Somewhere in the CSS file there should be a switch to set the placing of text off.

Hzhenk

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

BP 1.5 now enqueues all stylesheets in functions.php of bp-default. Check out
    https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/1-5-child-theme-not-working/#post-108430

I have the same problem when I update buddypress 1.5.1, I am getting error bp_site_name() function does not exists.

Participant

@online

I seem to have a similar problem. After updating, I was asked to create pages (also for a “links”) plugin I’ve implemented (but not actually using much yet).

A “links” tab was created, but also a “links” link (off to the right, directly below the tabs and still within the header).

The tab points to “links/” and link points to “links” (no trailing slash).

I’m just ignoring it for now, but it looks very broken. :/

Links hasn’t been updates for a long time, it’s an old plugin. If it still works with 1.5, I expect there would still be things needed to be updated such as this nav menu/item.

Participant

@online

Yea, I never really used it much… so I just decided to deactivate it + that cleared up this issue! :)

Inactive

Failure does not mean I have accomplished nothing; It does mean I have learned something

Inactive

Drowning man will catch at a straw

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Header problem after update buddypress 1.5’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar