Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help! W3 Total Cache broke stuff!

• luvs

@luvs123

I was so happy to see my site load so much faster, when I came to problems with buddypress and I almost cried.

First of all, here are the 2 issues I have come to notice:

-When I try to post on the forums, the post does not even appear. It’s just not there. It seems to post it, but it’s just not there!!!

When I upload an avatar, the picture just goes back to my gravatar picture. WTF??

Please help!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• luvs

@luvs123

Nevermind… it appeared… but 10 minutes later….

why?

aces
    Participant

@aces

Well they say that patience is a virtue… unfortunately not one I share as the same sort of thing has happened to me several times this week…..

luvs

@luvs123

What?

aces
    Participant

@aces

stuff gets cached, and it’s not always cleared as quickly as one would like. I changed to this gravatar picture yesterday, but nothing changed so thought stuff had broken/failed, until i noticed the warning at gravatar.com about how long changes could take…. 10 or 15 minutes later it was the one I uploaded…

luvs

@luvs123

no, thats not what I mean.

I mean that when I post on the forums on my site, the post takes like 10 minutes to appear on the page. For god knows why.. but I obviously can’t have that…

same with the buddypress avatar I’m trying to upload

aces
    Participant

@aces

People have been complaining about the avatars here, which is why I went to gravatar as for me it’s the same avatar (this could also apply to your own installation)… I can’t explain why the post taking so long though…

luvs

@luvs123

I mean on my site, when I upload a new picture, the picture goes back to my avatar associated with my gravatar instead of the picture I uploaded

anyone know how to fix it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Help! W3 Total Cache broke stuff!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar