Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide the main blog from users “My Blogs” menu item

• Greetings,

Running WP 3.0.4 Multisite enabled, BP 1.2.7

I’m using Justin Klein’s excellent WP-FB Autoconnect plugin and it’s working great for allowing FB users to connect to my buddypress site. It automatically creates them an account and it’s running very smoothly. The only problem is that the main blog appears under the “My Blogs” admin bar menu item as well as the “Blogs” tab on profiles of users who have connected using this plugin. This is NOT an issue for people who use the traditional Buddypress registration page. I’ve noticed that users who connect using the FB plugin are not assigned a user role, so I’m not sure if this is the issue.

What I’d like to do is “block” the main blog from showing up in these users’ admin bar menu and profile menu. Can this be done by simply adding some code to functions.php or bp-custom.php?

I should note that I have been discussing this with the plugin developer, Justin Klein, and this is not necessarily a plugin issue. The plugin “works” as expected and does what it’s supposed to do, and what I’m asking here is not related to the plugin directly.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • anyone found a solution to this having same issue of users being considered blog owner in buddypress multisite setup. admin bar says my sites
    mainsite.com
    actuallsite.com -> user registered

Mainsite does not belong to user how i get rid of link on bar and profile as it does this for all users.

4ella
    Participant

@4ella

Try to bump this topic too , Buddypress is much more in advance from those last posts so maybe new BP versions will allow it, is anybody here who use @justin_k Justin’s WP-FB autoconnect and who has the same problem as @ifanatics in the first post above ? I succesfully use premium WP-FB autoconnect too and have the same problem as him, users who register to my website via this plugin can see every page even when I have restricted that page to only one different role (I have created 2 new roles , “club” and “job_applicant”, both new roles works perfect when I want to show and hide the content to specific user but only facebook users can see everything :-( , (they can see everything even if I manualy assign them a different role in user profile edit page.
    Other problem is what can I do to show facebook users in EDIT author drop down field in EDIT post page ? I can see there only wordpress – buddypress users , but not Facebook users despite of they are all everywhere even in members directory, from that reason I cannot assign them any blog post / CPT post

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide the main blog from users “My Blogs” menu item’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar