Categories
Search
Bottom

Home Page: Activity feed for members. Sign up for non members

• Matt
    Participant

@mattmct

Hey everyone,

I’m sure this had been written about before, but I can find it.

I would like my users activity feed as the home page for members, but for non members I would like it to just show them a join / signup page, rather than being able to view the activity feed.

How can this be done?

Thanks a lot for the help.
    Matt

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• intimez
    Participant

@intimez

@mattmct: Or you could use conditional statements in a custom template. It would go something like this:

http://pastebin.com/EbBhUtaC

Matt
    Participant

@mattmct

Cheers for the replies guys, I think the conditional statements option would work well.

Thanks for the example as well!

Edit: Ah, what file do I edit? Index.php or my theme?

You want to edit the index.php that’s IN your theme folder ;)

Matt
    Participant

@mattmct

Thanks for the reply, I must be doing something wrong as I can’t seem to get it working, or even pick up any of my changes.

The admin area says, Unplugged uses templates from BuddyPress Default..

I assume I need to edit index.php in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/ ?

Any tips?

Many thanks!

Is there a BP default theme folder in your themes directory as well? I’ve been using my child theme for so long that I can’t remember how a vanilla install is situated.

Matt
    Participant

@mattmct

Fix / found it.

The index.php files I needed to change was located in.

/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/activity/

Thanks for the help!

Beck B
    Participant

@beckb

Technically, you should probably be creating a directory named activity in your active theme’s folder (i.e., Unplugged) and copying the original bp-default’s index.php file (that you finally located) into that folder, then modifying the copy. I think.

Or, arguably, I guess you could even make a…grandchild theme? EDIT: Actually, I don’t think making a child of a child is really an option, but I don’t know for sure.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page: Activity feed for members. Sign up for non members’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar